The Decker's Adoption Journey

This is our story in starting our very own family through international adoption. We will be adopting an infant (or two) from Kazakhstan. Hopefuly we will be traveling this spring to meet and bring home our little one(s). We hope that by reading our story you are able to follow our journey and learn about the process of adoption.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Working on the mega list


As we begin the official countdown I have made a list now 5 pages long of all the many things we must do before leaving. Poor John, I think as he knocks one off, I add three news things. We have made huge progress on the nursury and I am going to attempt to post some pictures, yet our dial up internet service might have a thing or two to say about that.

Last night I think it finaly started to hit John that his very long wait to parenthood is near an end. We had a friend over and we were testing this very cool baby monitor. When I started talking on my end to John and Amy in the baby's room, it hit him. I am still waiting to trust this whole process. I know it will come soon.

For those of you that are lurking along, please let us know you are out there. We will really aprecaite your comments and support while we are away. If we seem a bit distant these next couple of weeks it is only because we are overwhlemed, feel free to call us and drag us away from the never ending list.

6 Comments:

Blogger Grandma and Grandpa Spell said...

Wow!! It looks like you are pretty ready to me. We are in Newberg admiring Claire's nursery and preparing for her induction tomorrow. Lots of cool things happening in April. Love,
Jim and Beth

6:27 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Hello,
I found your site from the FRUA post. I am adopting an infant girl from Kaz and would like to follow your blog and your journey. Hope that is okay with you.
Thanks,
Gail johannafaith.blogspot.com

P.S. I love your nursery!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Sambalina said...

Wooo hoo! I'm soooooooo excited for you guys! I'm loving the nursery mural!!

I can't wait to see pictures of you and your little one, I will be more than happy to post them on ivillage for the girls!!

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have talked on another Kaz board a few times. We were in Uralsk in Aug - Oct. Take in every moment you are there. We were first time parents and what a wonderful way to watch Gods plan unfold. Keep my email , so if you need anything while over there or have any questions. Be sure and take a feew snack foods and some spices that you like to cook with. You can find most baby products there, do not waste room. I would take Gerber Puffs,,,,,


Ryann

ryannpayne@hotmail.com

God Bless you.

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,

I'm a lurker! Our dossier is in Kaz right now on week 9. I've been following along on your blog for a couple months now?- not sure how long. Perhaps I saw your site from the FRUA post also. I'm very excited for you. The mural is beautiful.
Regards,
Jennifer

9:32 AM  
Blogger Thad and Ann said...

I found your site via the adoption forums, your nursery looks great! We adopted our second son last Nov. Enjoy your trip, I will be following along. :-)
Ann

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home