The Decker's Adoption Journey

This is our story in starting our very own family through international adoption. We will be adopting an infant (or two) from Kazakhstan. Hopefuly we will be traveling this spring to meet and bring home our little one(s). We hope that by reading our story you are able to follow our journey and learn about the process of adoption.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Age and Patience

So this feeling I am having now must be the wisdom of age patience that John is always talking about. While I heard nothing again today I was able to handle it. I know that this is going to happen and that our lives will be forever changed and that it will be soon enough. With that said I have also been supper busy between surprising my father for his 80th birthday and taking my students to the science fair, I have not had a tremendous amount of time to daydream about our future family. John is also a constant source of reassurance as he reminds me that we will do whatever it takes to make this happen whenever it happens.

Also, I am glad that I will get to spend a little more time with my students this year. I had several breakthrough moments with them today and had we been gone I would not have seen how I had touched their lives. Once again, I promise to keep you all informed as soon as I find out anything.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love hearing you talk about my brother this way! He's a great guy, and one of the smartest things he ever did was asking you to be his wife. You two are the best. Mark and I are so excited for you. We're already praying for you and your new family, be it one or two children, and will continue to do so.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home