The Decker's Adoption Journey

This is our story in starting our very own family through international adoption. We will be adopting an infant (or two) from Kazakhstan. Hopefuly we will be traveling this spring to meet and bring home our little one(s). We hope that by reading our story you are able to follow our journey and learn about the process of adoption.

Monday, February 19, 2007

20 Days Down 40 to Go!

Not much new to report. If anyone is wondering why I have posted a picture of a door below there is a good reason. This is the first part of the trim that John has completed!!! For those out there just reading along who don’t know us you might not realize the importance of this accomplishment. Let me just say it is huge.

So I am officially allowing myself to start counting down the days. I am still very confused on where we or our paperwork will be in 60 days, but hey it is something to mark the journey to becoming parents. I do know that our paperwork must go through three steps. The first is the Ministry of Education (MOE) and then or maybe at the same time the ministry of foreign affairs (MFA) then it goes to Uralsk. It is my understanding that the Letter of Invitation (LOI) will be sent when the paperwork is finished at the MOE and MFA. That is what will give us the go ahead for tickets and the visas. I can hardly wait but fortunately we should be pretty busy until we go. I have a couple trips planned mid March and we will probably go on a river trip over spring break. If all goes well we will leave shortly there after. It might be nice to spend springtime in Kazakhstan. I hear they have amazing tulips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home