The Decker's Adoption Journey

This is our story in starting our very own family through international adoption. We will be adopting an infant (or two) from Kazakhstan. Hopefuly we will be traveling this spring to meet and bring home our little one(s). We hope that by reading our story you are able to follow our journey and learn about the process of adoption.

Friday, February 16, 2007

The Waiting Game Gets Longer


As each week goes by we are getting closer and closer, yet sometimes it feels like we are running a marathon without knowing exactly the distance and exactly how far we have come. We were warned by others that this step was a bit daunting and they were correct. We know that our paperwork is in the capitol. We were originally told it took 4-6 weeks to go through the capitol, but now it seems as though things are slower and taking 60 days. This was a huge blow to me today. At first I was filled with such sadness and I felt sick to my stomach at the news. I then stepped back and realized that 2-4 more weeks longer will not be the end of the world. This way we will have spring break for one last vacation with just the two of us. I don’t have to worry about missing the science fair and I will get to be with my students longer, thus I will not have to lose so much money while I am on leave. I must keep reminding myself that this is all for a reason. While we were trying to conceive I always believed that it didn’t happen because the right child for us was not ready and I still feel this way with adoption. The right child will be ready when the time comes and however small and helpless I feel right now, I must know that the universe is unfolding perfectly as it should.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karon and John hang in there. Karon this is just a way that you will be as prepared as possible. As for being worried about clothing don't. when you met your child or children and you know they are coming home with you just let us know. I have clothes for boys and girls from birth to five. Hand me downs are the best for kids, they grow out of them so fast and I am sure we will find some new things too. I am sure someone will go out of town!!!

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home