The Decker's Adoption Journey

This is our story in starting our very own family through international adoption. We will be adopting an infant (or two) from Kazakhstan. Hopefuly we will be traveling this spring to meet and bring home our little one(s). We hope that by reading our story you are able to follow our journey and learn about the process of adoption.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

The Silence Has Been Broken!

Well I finally heard from our agency today and yes they are working hard for us and yes our paperwork is going through the normal phases of adoption gestation. The great news is that it looks like our paperwork should move to Uralsk next week and we should hopefully, if all goes well, meet our little one at the end of March or the beginning of April. This of course has sent me on a roller coaster of emotions and to do list again. I forced my self to stop stressing about all the details when I thought it would be later. Now the task of getting ready to leave work for the rest of the school year is overwhelming. I think I will tell my students right after the science fair and before spring break just in case we leave over break.

I also heard that one more family is leaving for Kazakhstan any day and that we are next on the list. This is very exciting news.

2 Comments:

Blogger Grandma and Grandpa Spell said...

yeah!!!!!

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallelujuh!! Keep us posted while we are in Australia/New Zealand. Can't wait for more babies!!

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home