The Decker's Adoption Journey

This is our story in starting our very own family through international adoption. We will be adopting an infant (or two) from Kazakhstan. Hopefuly we will be traveling this spring to meet and bring home our little one(s). We hope that by reading our story you are able to follow our journey and learn about the process of adoption.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Great News…Or so I think…

Today was a big day in our bureaucratic pregnancy. I had planned all along to tell my students today about adopting but some news first thing this morning made it a little easier. Our paperwork has left the capitol and they expect it to be in Uralsk on Wednesday. They say that we should have our LOI in a few weeks and we will leave from there. I am trying really hard not to inundate the agency with questions, OK maybe only one a day will be good for now LOL.

As far as letting my students know, they were great. They asked lots of cute questions and also lots of well thought-out questions, like Why Kazakhstan. I seriously doubt that the Kazak courts will be more thorough than my 7th graders. As I have said before it will be hard to leave this bunch early.

I will update again as soon as I find out any more information.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Karon & John - Mary Hassell Petty just told me about your adventure - what an amazing thing you are doing!! I am so excited for you and will look forward to checking in on your blog to follow your story as it unfolds. Best wishes and happy thoughts for good news soon! Take care, Elizabeth Alsbrooks Player

12:31 PM  
Blogger Grandma and Grandpa Spell said...

This sounds pretty exciting and I know you are having a hard time concentrating, wondering when the LOI will come. We will start checking more frequently. Be sure to take a measuring tape so those of us that are interested in enhancing this/these child/children's wardrobe have some info to operate from. Our prayers are with you both (all).

1:18 PM  
Blogger Karon said...

Elizabeth, Wow it is great to hear from you. I am not sure if you will check this comment but I am thrilled that you will be following along with us. Beth and Jim thanks for the reminder. I will need to dig one out of my sewing stuff as the only measuring tapes I will find overthere will be metric, not that you would mind practicing your math skills:)

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home