The Decker's Adoption Journey

This is our story in starting our very own family through international adoption. We will be adopting an infant (or two) from Kazakhstan. Hopefuly we will be traveling this spring to meet and bring home our little one(s). We hope that by reading our story you are able to follow our journey and learn about the process of adoption.

Monday, April 16, 2007

One Day More

Last night we had a wonderful going away party at John's little brother and our sister in law's house. Before dinner Josh said a prayer for us and our future children that brought warmth through my body and tears in my eyes. I stood there holding hands with our family and I felt so blessed that there are so many of you out there that are rooting for us and even more importantly children half way around the world. I wonder if our future child(ren) could feel the same wave of warmth and peace that I felt last night. I hope that they know how many people here in our circle of family and friends are waiting with open arms and hearts to welcome them and to love them.

Thank you also to all of our Alabama fan club for all of the calls and well wishes last night. Many of you that are following along are the reason that we have made it this far in our journey.

We are packed ready to go and getting our last details in order before starting the adventure of a life time. This next week will be full of suprises and the biggest decision we have had to make in our lives.

While we are away we will make every attempt possible to keep this site as up to date as possible. My sister Sharron will probably post for us when we get there just to say we are alive and well. It will probably take us a few days to figure out the Internet cafes and our living arrangements.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karon & John - Have a wonderful journey and a safe trip. I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to hear all about it! I know that your prayers and dreams are finally being answered and I feel blessed to share in your journey. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers as the adventure of a lifetime begins. Love always, MH

12:16 PM  
Blogger Grandma and Grandpa Spell said...

Just want you to know that we are still here holding you up in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Jim and Beth

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Kelsey and I couldn't be there lastnight with you both. We were there in spirit, as we will be during your trip. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. We greatly look forward to meeting the new member(s) of our family...jeni

2:54 PM  
Blogger Ed Decker said...

We a so sorry we missed the dinner last night and are missing you by two days.

We will be praying for you every day and believing God for miracles all along the way for you and our new grandchildren.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home