The Decker's Adoption Journey

This is our story in starting our very own family through international adoption. We will be adopting an infant (or two) from Kazakhstan. Hopefuly we will be traveling this spring to meet and bring home our little one(s). We hope that by reading our story you are able to follow our journey and learn about the process of adoption.

Monday, January 08, 2007

We are going to New York City

Well not really us but all identifying and important information about why we would make great parents has been shipped to New York where the kind people at the Kazakhstan consulate will process or dossier. We have paid a hefty fee to have it expedited so it is only supposed to take a week. Then it will be FINALLY shipped to Kazakhstan. It seems like this paperwork has been floating around forever. I know that it is being processed as quickly as possible, but after waiting so long to have children you think being this close to the finish line I would just be thankful for that. No, I really want to go and meet our little one(s) now. We still have a lot to do and I need to remember that if we left tomorrow I think the kids would want to go back to the baby house because we still have not physically started on their room. This weekend we will go to Seattle and I am so excited to go to Ikea so I can get things for the room. Who would have thought that me of all people would be excited to go shopping????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home