The Decker's Adoption Journey

This is our story in starting our very own family through international adoption. We will be adopting an infant (or two) from Kazakhstan. Hopefuly we will be traveling this spring to meet and bring home our little one(s). We hope that by reading our story you are able to follow our journey and learn about the process of adoption.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Baby Training Over Break

Well, we are off to Alabama to visit my (Karon) family for the holidays. We are looking forward to seeing our nieces and Reid the newest member of the family. Truthfully we are looking forward to practicing with little kids as it has been a while since we have gotten to spend time with infants and toddlers. I know Sharron is planning on giving us diaper changing lessons on Jeff’s new baby and that Danny is planning on taking me (not JohnJ to Babies-R-Us to educate me about kid products since I don’t really have a clue. I really wish that we knew the age of the child we are bringing home. This to me is the most frustrating uncertainty as it will make being prepared quite difficult. I think though that I will have the room ready for a 12-16 month old and keep receipts on everything so we can be returning things rather than having to shop for them once our child is here.

It also seems more and more like we will only be ending up with one child. Kazakhstan has recently changed their rules to only allow siblings to leave together. We are still hoping for this scenario, and trusting that the right child, or sibling group will be present when are papers are ready.
Also we would like to thank the Bruno’s Ma and Doug Mendel for their kind gifts helping us get even closer to our children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home