The Decker's Adoption Journey

This is our story in starting our very own family through international adoption. We will be adopting an infant (or two) from Kazakhstan. Hopefuly we will be traveling this spring to meet and bring home our little one(s). We hope that by reading our story you are able to follow our journey and learn about the process of adoption.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!


This is the baby qilt that I made for the up and comming addition to our family:)


It is hard to believe that this is the year 2007 that we will FINALY become parents. I always said that I would have a child before I was 30, I just didn’t realize the journey we were in for.

So I think we are what is called the waiting phase and I’m not real sure that I like it. We just had a nice holiday break and a good visit back East to see my (Karon’s) family. It is hard to believe that
this was the last time we would visit childless. We keep constantly reminding ourselves that everything we do right now will be very different this time next year. So on that sprit we went up to our friends place last night and stayed up until midnight despite still being on East Coast time knowing that we will probably not be doing the same thing next year unless we convince the kids that sleep-overs a fun.

As far as paperwork goes I am really hoping that our translation is finished by tomorrow. I am finding my self more and more anxious for it to get to Kazakhstan. We are still really hoping to travel towards the end or middle of March so that John will be home in time for his river season. While this seems like forever away, I keep trying to remind myself that we have soooo much to do before we bring a child into our home. Fortunately we are going to Seattle MLK weekend to see John’s family and we can really start to get the big things. We are still in a quandary not knowing the exact age and quantity but we will do the best we can for now.

Continuing with our gratitude we would like to thank Adam and Hadas, as well as Liz. We would also like to send out a huge thanks to Sue for her (secret) fundraising efforts at her Massage Therapy clinic. And thank you all of Sue’s clients who have donated to our cause. Every dollar truly helps in this process and we thank you all from the bottom of our hearts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sambalina said...

I love the quilt. It's so pretty. And I am so excited your in the more final stages! :) Yay! :) I will keep checking in here often so I can see your progress!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home