The Decker's Adoption Journey

This is our story in starting our very own family through international adoption. We will be adopting an infant (or two) from Kazakhstan. Hopefuly we will be traveling this spring to meet and bring home our little one(s). We hope that by reading our story you are able to follow our journey and learn about the process of adoption.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Another fun day halfway around the world

After our adventurouse day yesterday John and I were looking forward to having a bit more of a relaxing day.

We did sleep in for a little while and John went downstairs to get breakfast and we ate in the room. Our neighbors Bettsy and Matt came over and wanted to see if we would like to walk to the Atrium to buy dipers. Ah the thrill of new parenthood! We had a nice walk but it was very windy.

After that we kicked our feet up for about five minuets before our other neighbor Jack came over. He visitied for a while then our Kazkah frined we met yesterday stoped by and said that he would like us to come to the theater to see a play. We ended up having a great talk with him and helped him with his English grammar. He is getting better with each conversation.

We also got to go on the bus today for the first time tonight to get to the theater. The play we watched was "The 13th Floor." It was all in Kazakh and we could not understand a word, but their acting was so good that we were able to follow the plot. It was very funny and they did an excellent job. We were so thankful that we had this opportunity. I hear in June they wll be preforming Romeo and Juliet. I guess the clasics are such no mater where you are in the world.

All in all we are having a great time. I am so thankful for our new Kazakh Friends. I have high hopes for this country if these youngsters are tomorrows leaders.

The very sad thing about Sunday here is that we do not get to visit the little one. It is our interpretors day off. I just hope that she was able to explain that to our little guy.

7 Comments:

Blogger sunflowering said...

Fabulous ~ love the idea of seeing a play in Kazakh. So glad Betsy and Matt are there too!

Love,
Sharron

10:57 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Hi Little Karo and John,
I am so glad ya'll are getting to experience some of the culture there and that you enjoyed it not knowing what they were saying. It goes to show "a picture is worth a thousand words." I am also glad ya'll have made some friends. Please tell them how much I appreciate them knowing you are so far from home and that they helping your stay more enjoyable. Sorry ya'll did not get to see little "no official name yet" today. But it will tomorrow before you know it. Give him a hug and kiss from Mimi and Granddaddy.

Love,
Mimi

11:24 AM  
Blogger Sambalina said...

Sounds like you all are doing awesome. I can't wait to see your little boy!! :D

You guys ar ein my thoughts and prayers.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Grandma and Grandpa Spell said...

Just checking in. Give the Baby Bug a hug from us tomorrow:-)We are so happy your days are busy and you are not having to wait, wait, wait for your next visit with nothing to do. We are so goofy, we discovered this weekend that we were showing off a picture of Colby and Valerie and Colby's niece Abigail and thinking it was their new little Claire:-) How embarrassing.
Love,
Jim and Beth

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Karon and John
Just wanted to let you guys know that I have been lurking on this site during my own little adventure in Seattle. I am so excited for you and your new little one! And, despite the frustrating bureaucracy, it will be nice in the end that you two are getting to know your son's birth country and making friends there. I am so proud to know you, and can't wait to see you when we all get back to Dayville!
cheers,
Lia

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are having an amazing experience over there. Congratulations!

A friend of yours directed me to your blog after I blogged about deciding on adopting from Kazakhstan.

I'd love to know which agency you're going through, and whether you would recommend them. I know you're sort of , er, busy at the moment, but would love to hear more from you whenever you get the chance. My email address is on my blog.
Best wishes, and enjoy your big adventure!!

Erin

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karon and John
Many years from now after you are back home..Some night before you go to bed..
Take time to read this again and think of your son..
Congratulations,
Larry


On this special day I have a gift for you....It is not fancy or shiney or even new~

It can not be opened the conventional way....But you can be sure it is here to stay~

It has no tied ribbons or beautiful bows....For it is something special that very few ever know~

Money cannot buy this gift I give....I will give it to no other as long as I live~

And if you have not guessed what this gift can be....It is my love and my heart....The gift of me~

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home